Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wee School

Now that CR2 has entered toddler world, we have decided that exposing him to a school atmosphere is pretty important. Our hope is that he will become well adjusted for pre-school, and meet some buddies!
We have enrolled CR2 in the Wee School program at a local church. He is in a mother's morning out class that meets 1 morning a week from 9:30am - 1:00pm.
The night before his first day I could barely sleep! I have never left CR2 with a stranger and my nerves were RACKED!
CR2 made the first day pretty easy. He was so enamoured with the other kids and new surroundings that he didn't ever cry. When we came to pick him up he was so happy to see us, but even more happy to see his "pop". Why do grandparents always win? Those two are trouble!
The second go around I dropped CR2 off alone. Not so easy. There were tears, and a guilty mom moping to the car. Mrs. Nicole ensured me that he calmed quickly, ate like a big boy, and was pretty good...he did get into the trash though (oops).
Today I added a morning back in the office while CR2 is in school. CR now has the job of Wee School drop off. I received a very sad call from CR this morning and he said "I think we need to trade responsibilities". CR said there were tears and a blood curdling scream :( Man am I glad that I get to pick up instead of drop off!
I am pretty certain that this will be a growing experience for our little man (and CR and I)! I just hope those tears stop soon :(
Here are a few shots of the 1st morning before school.

Can I take my ducks?

Helping mommy pack the bag :)





umm...where are we going?



Riding to school with Elmo




Love to you all!

JP




No comments:

Post a Comment