Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Feel A Major Update Coming On!!!

OK...go ahead and say it! I am the world's worst blogger! I started this thing so gung ho, and ended up letting life get the best of me! The same life that I am supposed to be constantly updating you about. So... (take a breath)...here it goes:

We have officially purchased and moved into our new home!!! Yes that is right, we are now homeowners and are experincing all the joys and burdens of owning a home.



I have sucessfully hosted my very first Christmas with both families! What a joy and headache all at the same time. While I loved having everyone that we love in our home, I did experience the Christmas meal stress, and the joy of scrubbing my house down after everyone had left.



We have had some dish washer issues (blahhhh), but other than that are so happy to have SO MUCH SPACE!!! Some rooms, OK all of the rooms look like baby land, but all in all it is just perfect!


I am back at work part time. I had such a hard time leaving CR2 in the beggining weeks, but am starting to appreciate my time away. Sometimes we mothers just need a change of pace. It is good for me to switch roles, mommy to office manager, and be able to stress about something different. Ahh...wine is my friend.


CR and I spent our first weekend away from CR2 over the New Year. We headed up to Boone for a cabin weekend and had a great time. CR and I did get teary a few times, but enjoyed our time with friends and together. Minus the 5 degree weather, the weekend was perfect. And for those of you who were there..."I'm the B-O-G-P-O-P-PA!"


And now...for the much awaited CR2 updates:

1. CR2 is now 21 weeks old, and will be 5 months old on MLK day!

2. We are eating solid foods!!! Bananas, apples, peaches, sweet potatoes, green beans, rice and oatmeal cereal! CR2 is such a good eater and really lets you know when he likes something. Think of the dinner scene in "What about Bob". We love Bananas!!!

3. CR2 is rolling from tummy to back, and just this morning he rolled from back to front (one time only)! I am a proud mommy! The pediatrician says I am going to have to baby proof the house early. He is a strong little booger!

4. I think we have an animal lover on our hands. CR2 loves to pull on our cat Micha's head and petting = ripping fur. She is a sweetie though, and does not mind one bit. Petey (my mom) gave CR2 a little plush barn with noise making farm animals for Christmas. This is a favorite toy, and we have to keep one farm animal in each room for emergencies. Instant tear stopper! The duck is definitely the favorite!

5. CR2 is in the 81% for weight (big boy) and the 50% for height. We are hoping with Daddy's height this will change! haha. At our last doctors appointment CR2 was weighing in at 18 lbs.

6. First Christmas with the baby was WONDERFUL! What a present, we couldn't ask for anything more.

I am sure there is more to tell, but my brain is fried! Time to pack for our weekend trip to Hilton Head! So excited but why does packing turn into extreme chaos when you have children??? Shout out to my mom! You are a SAINT!

Love to you all!

JP
















No comments:

Post a Comment