Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mommy Moments

Do you ever have one of those days that you look in the mirror and just start to fall apart? I do...and I did today. I like to call that a "mommy moment". You may have had one to many sleepless nights in a row, you are trying to balance a well kept home and a part time job, you may be a little over weight and start to spot the beginnings of a double chin, your roots are showing, and you realize that life is not just about you anymore!
Don't get me wrong, I could not be in a more perfect situation right now; beautiful new home, wonderful child that is the light of my life, and the best husband I could ask for. But even with all of that there are "moments". I never knew how stressfull being a mom could be, and now I praise my mother for all that she does and has ever done! 5 kids!!! She has done this 5 times!
When I have "moments" like these the best medicine is a long chat with my mom. I feel like we may have had the same conversation about 50 million times, but man is she reassuring. It is nice to know that other women have "moments" as well, and that this too will pass.
Love to you all!
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment