Friday, March 26, 2010

Workin' In the Yard


Last week CR had a vision. A vision of a well maintained yard, all weeds pulled, new pine straw in our flower beds, and a beautiful vegetable and herb garden. He spoke of our plan each day, and could not wait to feel the earth in his hands on Saturday. CR used to work for a landscaping company, and I am quite certain that the enjoyment of sweating in a yard has never left his system.
CR2 decided to take 2 long naps on Saturday, allowing me to actually help CR in the yard. To be honest, I was kind of dreading this grueling task. To my surprise I actually really enjoyed myself, and the one on one time with CR. We were a team. We were outside (bye bye winter), and we were making things pretty!
We decided to head to Home Depot later that afternoon to check out materials for building our vegetable and herb garden. CR has been promising me a garden ever since we moved into our new home. We had no intention of ever finishing this task in one day but we did!!! I threw a frozen lasagna in the oven when we got home, put CR2 down for his second nap, cracked open a few silver bullets (Coors Light in a can, yes we are rednecks!), and got to work!
I now have a beautiful garden filled with goodies to come! We have jalapenos, banana peppers, cilantro, spinach, red onions, and tomatoes. As I read these items I realize just how much southwestern cooking has influenced my garden! haha. My mother is from Colorado, therefore I have learned to like it hot and spicy!
We plan on adding a few more goodies this weekend, and finishing the pine straw in the back yard. And yes, I am looking forward to working along side CR!
Love to you all,
JP

No comments:

Post a Comment