Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Birthday Whirlwind

(The morning of CR2's 1st Birthday)




I feel like we celebrated CR2's first birtday for a whole week. What a whirlwind of emotions and fun. To say we were busy all week is an understatement. CR's mom drove in late Tuesday night. Wednesday morning (actual birthday) we had muffins, opened gifts and welcomed Gramma into town. I had to go into work Wednesday afternoon, and met the fam for dinner that evening. Thursday was CR2's 1st day of Wee School MMO (more to come later), followed by a 1 year check-up at the doc's office. We then drove to the lake Thursday night and prepared for the birthday weekend.





From the morning of his actual birthday to the weekend birthday party at the lake I feel like I logged about 4 - 5 hours of sleep per night. Sooo many thoughts were running through my head...What do I need to have prepared for today? How am I going to cram everyone in the lake house? What will be on the birthday menu? To make or order the birthday cake? Is my child really turning 1?



In the end everything turned out perfect, just as my husband so calmly told me it would. I am already nuts but if it wasn't for CR I would probably be locked in a rubber room. ha!


Lake pics will be featured soon :)



Love to you all!




JP

No comments:

Post a Comment