Monday, June 13, 2011

Back To The Belly: Post #1


With Charlie's 2nd Birthday quickly approaching, I have done a lot of looking back at older posts. I am so happy to have so many memories of Charlie's baby and toddler hood documented! One problem...I started the blog in October 2009 and there are no posts about my pregnancy, the birth, or Charlies first months. I have many of these memories saved in my email, as we sent out updates to family quite often, but I would like to include this information in my blog.





So bare with me...many of you will have already read many of these entries in your email! I am feeling nostalgic and think this may be fun! I will try and keep it to a weeks worth of entries (maybe 2).




(Poppins & Gramma)


My first entry is actually a little gem written by CR's mom, a.k.a. Gramma. She decided to document her feelings about becoming grandparent on the day that we shared our news. She printed a copy of this letter to Charlie for CR and I to keep and gave it to us on Charlie's first Christmas. I found it in the pre-recorded "Night Before Christmas" book that she recorded that Christmas.



Charlie pulled this book down from his book shelf a few weeks ago and has insisted on reading it on a daily basis! He just loves to hear his "Bama" (Gramma) read about "Nanta" (Santa). Christmas should be exciting this year...especially since we are obsessed with "Nanta" in June.



(Family time in Disney (Thanksgiving 2008: We have calculated that I was probably 1 week pregnant in this picture)

Anyway...on to the post:



Guess What's On the Way?



The Journey to Grandma and Grandpa

Entry December 17, 2008 9:23pm Wednesday, Parrish FL



I will have to pinch myself for many days to come with the overwhelmingly joyful words, "you are going to be grandparents!" I decided immediately, as we came to grips with what we had just heard, that this very moment must be captured and preserved just for you. The only problem was exactly how do you capture the elation, joy, excitement and realization that your only baby is having a baby? How do you capture the emotions you felt yourself when you found out you were becoming a parent for the first time; knowing exactly what your Mommy and Daddy are feeling for the first time?



This is my message to you my sweet grandbaby. You are just beginning to develop, grow, thrive and make your grand entrance into this world sometime in August? I am your grandma and I love you already.



Upon our return from a Holiday celebration evening at your GG White's place, a box was found on the front porch. Your Mommy and Daddy had informed us the night before that package would be waiting when we returned home. Your Daddy, our little boy, seemed anxious that we return as soon as possible giving us an indication it was perishable; possibly Omaha Steaks?!?!



There it was on the porch as we had been told. We had no idea that upon opening the box, our lives would never be the same. It was about to become even more joyful and more full of love than we could ever imagine. As your grandpa {Poppins} opened the box I removed a card from the top. As your grandpa {Poppins} opened the box I removed a card from the top. As {Poppins} opened the giftinsidethe box and I opened the card I began to silently read the words...



"Christmas is a special time to be thankful to GOD for the Blessings of Family - And espcially for you, Grandma nd Granpa."



GRANDMA AND GRANDPA? I froze, unable to move or speak, unable to do anything but weep. Your {Poppins} was puzzled and confused as he struggle to open the present. He asked what the matter was and all I could mutter was simply..."just open it." By then I could see the Willow Tree logo and I immediately knew what I had seen (GRANDMA and GRANDPA) was true. Your Mommy and Daddy had given me a Mother and Son statue and I knew this one was going to be even more special...special because it was all about you.



Appropriately called New Life it represented the ultimate miracle, your new life my sweet grandbaby. I opened the card and the story told itself. As your {Poppins} and I listened the realization unfolded in a pre-recorded card message from your Mommy and Daddy. They revealed what was truly a message straight from God through the words of your Mommy and Daddy; "Guess what's on the way?" We will spend the next few days calling anyone and everyone, anyone who will listen; both family and friends, to share the miracle of YOU by asking (and telling).........



"Guess What's on the Way?!?!"





Thank you Gramma for recording this special moment!!! This will be so special for Charlie to read himself one day, especially when the time comes for him to have a little one of his own!



We love you very much and are looking forward to having you in Atlanta VERY SOON!



(Gramma coaching me through contractions on 8/18/09)




Love to you all!



JP


No comments:

Post a Comment