Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Back to the Belly: Post # 6

Entry # 6 includes updates from week 33-34, and our 4th of July lake trip. We are nearing the end of updates...I have had so much fun looking back!



Hello Everyone!


We hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! Charles and I ended our 33rd week with an awesome trip to the Noland's boat house; this was our last hurrah before little Charlie is born. We enjoyed cooler temps than Atlanta, good food, and even better friends :) We are so thankful to be so close to the mountains we love, North Carolina truly is one of the most beautiful places on Earth!


On Sunday afternoon we traveled home and met up with Dan for the night! Dan came into town for a business meeting. It was so good to have family in town for dinner and some laughs! Dan brought along boxes full of Charles kid books, along with some books that actually belonged to Kim's mother, Kim and Dan. What a treasure! I will be sure to keep those keepsakes out of the little mans reach, only to be viewed with mom and dad! this added to my collection of kid books that mom let me take last time we were home. Yay for classic books!


This morning Charles and I headed to our 34 week check up. Everything is looking great, and the doc called me a "Pro" at this pregnancy thing! He also measured my belly and estimated that Charlie probably weighs a little over 5 lbs. (this would be average around 35 weeks). He made a comment about how we would "not be breaking any records, but will definitely not have the smallest baby in the nursery!" haha! After week 36 we start meeting with Dr. McDaniel weekly for check ups. He has given me his word that I will not go a day over 41 weeks, and I may even be induced around 39 weeks depending on effacement, baby size, contractions, etc... Man would it be nice to have an induction date! Much easier for gathering the troupes! I really like to have a plan, we will see if Charlie allows this to happen. I had a co-worker tell me to pack my bags today; she went into labor at 35 weeks and had a very healthy baby! Oh the possibilities!


Charles and I played Charlie some music tonight, placing the computer speakers directly on the belly. His favorite was Ben Harper (or maybe he was annoyed), at any rate it was fun to watch the belly move! The belly moves constantly lately, and I am pretty sure I will have a night owl; bedtime around 12 and 4:00am feedings. Yee Haw! haha! My body is slowly preparing for the sleepless nights ahead! I am so anxious for those nights to start though, and so is Charlies :) Multiple time over the weekend I would look at Charles and he would be smiling and would proclaim, "I am sooo excited!" I am lucky to be married to such a great man! Charles will be a magnificent father!


Enjoy the pictures!


Love,


Jessi, Charles, and Charlie


4th of July at the lake!



34 weeks pregnant



wide load!!!




I had a good chuckle reading about actually wanting an induction date! If motherhood has taught me anything, it is that I am not in charge!!! All control goes out the window when a child is involved...and I am much happier this way :)



Love to you all!


JP

1 comment:

  1. Check this out...a belly shot a week. I will NOT be doing that this time around, but I will do a few comparisons. I've definitely popped sooner with #2...I've enjoyed the updates! You were adorable preggo!

    http://www.craig-jen.com/2010/01/watching-her-grow.html

    ReplyDelete